Armored Cable Slitter - Adjustable From 8mm To 28.6mm In Diameter
This is a professional grade cable slitter ideal for slitting the corrugated copper, steel or aluminum armor layer on Fiber Feeder, Central Tube, Stranded Loose Tube fiber optic cables and other armored cables.
This tool slits outer polyethylene jacket and armor in one operation and can perform longitudinal slitting and circumferential(ringing) for end stripper. The blade rotates 9°by activating blade lever, allowing easy mid-span preparation (ringing and slitting).
Versatile design allows jacket or shield slitting on non-fiber optic configurations as well
Tool slits outer polyethylene jacket and armor in one operation.
Performs longitudinal slitting and circumferential (ringing) for end stripping
Blade rotates 90 degrees by activating blade lever, allowing easy mid-span preparation (ringing and slitting)
Adjustable from 0.315(8 mm) to 1.125(28.6 mm) cable O.D.
Adjustable blade depths to accommodate different cable coverings
Roller style cable follower provides cable stability and allows for easier tool movement along the cable
Rugged anodized aluminum and steel construction
Replacement blade: F1-CB251K
A: Define cable structure
1.multi-code cable structure may have solid inner adjacent Sheath and outer adjacent Armored Sheath. In order to avoid tool damage, please make sure the cable structure first.
B: Set the cutter head
1.Slitting blade of utility knife can adjustable, when put the sample of cable into utility knife, then it can set the depth of utility knife. It has a groove in the buttom of Thumb knob A, you can turn the screw from above to adjust height of cutter head. There are 10 divisions in the buttom of thumb knob, it will adjust the height to 1mm when you turn around cutter head. Opposite,Each tick=0.1mm. After you adjust distance of cutter head, Utility knife will have a locked sound on the cable, it can avoid the cutter head set too deap then lead to damage structure inside the cable.
C. Operaing of utility knife: According to step1-6, it can be used in structure with high internal and external strength.(Longitudinal cut)
1.Release the black thumb nut "A", Rotate the blade to make it move Longitudinally.
2.Put the cable into the loose tool,adjust yellow finger knob B to a suitable location.
3.Turn the black thumb nut until the blade can cut the cable longitudinally.
4. Strip the cable sheath longitudinally when pulling the tool. If it is used for a hard cable sheath with "lay", you can slightly adjust the blade to adjust the hardness.
5. Release black finger nut, rotate the tool 180 ° around the electrical cable and re-tighten the black button for a second longitudinal cut.
6. Use oblique pliers or a screwdriver to separate and correct the cut cable
7. If you need to cut the cable with a strong sheath, stop in step 6.
8. The following additional steps are suitable for cutting the cable with a strong sheath (optical cable cutting).
9. For cutting the optical cable, you can make a longitudinal cut to the center of the optical cable jacket, slide the tool to a predetermined position.
10. loosen the black finger nut A, rotate the blade 90 ° to set the radial cutting, and re-tighten the black button to set the blade depth.
11. Rotate the tool around the fiber optic cable to cut.
12. the cable is now unplugged and then trimmed.
Worldwide FREE Shipping on orders over US$179
We offer FREE shipping on orders over US$179 WORLDWIDE by FedEx, DHL or UPS! We ship orders Monday through Friday from our warehouses.
Most of the orders will be processed and shipped within 1~2 business days, excluding some custom items. The specific shipping time varies on the destination, shipping service you choose, and customs clearance. If you have a strict delivery time requirement, you may contact the sales representative before your purchase, and we will recommend you an appropriate shipping method. According to shipping methods, delivery time around the world is estimated as follows:
- FedEx Estimated 3-6 business days
- DHL Estimated 3-6 business days
- UPS Estimated 3-6 business days
Extended 30-day, no-questions-asked Return Policy
We have a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy for all of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, please contact our team within 30 days of receipt for a refund or replacement.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original and unopened packaging.
To initiate a return please contact our customer success team who will issue an RMA number and provide return shipping instructions.
How to Track your orders
Once your package leaves our warehouse, we'll send you a shipment notification email. This email includes the carrier name, tracking number, shipping date and items' details. You can click the tracking number to track your package on the carrier's website, like DHL, FedEx or UPS.